If I have Oily Skin, do I need a moisturizer?
Oily skin, like all skin, needs healthy hydration.
Even oily skin can get dry and uncomfortable:
- In very cold, dry weather
- When over-treated (by using too many treatments or using products with active ingredients incorrectly)
- If irritated (by using products with irritants or allergens—dryness can be a form of contact dermatitis but is frequently mistakenly dismissed as “dry skin”)
Look for a moisturizer that will not clog pores or add shine. VMV HYPOALLERGENICS© SuperSkin Care Spring Fresh Oil-Free Nourisher for Oily Skin provides healthy hydration without pore-clogging grease.
If you have very oily skin, an active treatment in cream or lotion form may provide you with adequate hydration while also providing anti-acne or other therapy. For example:
- Id Anti-Acne Face, Chest, Back and Body Lotion is a very light moisturizer that provides active anti-acne therapy for face and body.
- An Armada Sun + Light Screen provides full-spectrum sun and light protection that can help prevent and lighten acne scars, to keep pimples from becoming dark marks, and provide necessary protection for treated skin.
- Illuminants+ Brightening Treatment Creams can provide enough hydration while also actively treating dark scars that can sometimes occur after pimples (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation).
Both of these products can take the place of a moisturizer. While serving their primary treatment or protection function, they provide adequate non-pore-clogging hydration. And almost all our skin care contains coconut-derived monolaurin, a skin-safe yet powerful antibacterial and antifungal that can treat various forms of acne.
Click here to learn your Skin Type, as well as to learn more about your Oily Skin’s characteristics and how to care for it.
To find a Regimen for your Oily Skin, see Regimens…Can You Recommend A Complete Regimen For Me?