Depending on the treatment, many people can start anti-acne therapy at a fairly young age—as early as age 9 for prophylactic care and if guided by a dermatologist.For those who seem like possible candidates for hereditary acne (if the family tends to suffer from acne), starting early is frequently recommended because it serves as preemptive treatment, either preventing the problem from occurring or lessening its intensity.VMV HYPOALLERGENICS® SuperSkin Care regimens
can provide early acne therapy as well as other skin health-enhancing benefits, and can be started from as early as age 9.More advanced acne therapy with Id Beta-Hydroxy + Monoglyceride Clarifying System
can be started (replacing SuperSkin
Care or augmenting it) from about 18 years old.
Regardless of when anti-acne therapy is started, prevention as important to minimize the occurrence or severity of acne.
- Reducing inflammation by:
- Getting enough sleep (7-8 hours each night)
- Managing stress (meditation, prayer, yoga, quiet time for yourself)
- Limiting or ceasing the intake of pro-inflammatory foods like processed foods (refined foods), junk or fast foods, pre-packed foods and drinks
- Exercising regularly and eating a healthier diet (more unrefined and unprocessed foods, as well as fish rich in omega 3 oils, vegetables and fruits, etc.)