Acne foods: your diet and overall health affects your skin.
- Bromides (found in chocolates),
- Vitamin B12, and
- Some drugs (like epilepsy and other neurological medications, steroids in asthma inhalers, etc.)
are well-known causers of acne.
Inflammatory foods—processed foods and drink (most things that come in a bag, can, or bottle) and fried foods are also known to trigger acne.
Try to opt for a healthier diet and lifestyle:
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep each night
- Exercise: cardio 2-3 times a week and weight-bearing (yoga, pilates, weights) another 2x a week.
- Control stress: meditate, pray, make time for quiet reflection
- Eat better: cut out the processed foods (less pre-packaged anything; white flour, bread and pasta; animal meats…more fresh fruits and vegetables; brown rice and less processed flour and pasta; more small fish rich in omega-3 oils).
Click here for more on acne.
Click here for more on how your body’s overall health and skin are related (aging, acne, inflammation, diseases, etc.)